Monday, March 24, 2014

Quinoa-Black Olive Cakes

I may have mentioned a big bag of white quinoa that we have sitting in the kitchen.
Well, I finally found a recipe that I wanted to try.

It's delicious. Now, I usually cut recipes down when I'm making them for myself. In the future, I will probably do so with this one too...
Our mixing bowl situation in this house is, shall we say, sparse. So I mixed up the "batter" in this baking dish and realized that (thank goodness) I did not have to cook up all of these at once. I can actually pop the remainder in a tupperware and have the makings for quick, filling, vegetarian superfood cakes any time.
Did I mention that these were delicious?
On top of it all, the recipe comes with an amazing red pepper sauce that I will probably use on everything from sandwiches to fish tacos to roasted chicken... and beyond. A quick zip in the blender with roasted red peppers, garlic, olive oil, vinegar (I used cider vinegar instead of sherry vinegar) and a touch of salt and pepper makes a delightful and beautiful condiment.
So, if you find yourself in the company of some quinoa with no idea what to do with it, give this recipe a try.

It was so good that as soon as I finished my first one, I made more.

No comments:

Post a Comment